Safe Haven's Emergency Shelter serves adult survivors and their children who are fleeing domestic violence, sexual violence, human trafficking, stalking, and other forms of abuse. Services are available to any survivor, regardless of demographic, including men, women, children, elderly, LGBTQAI, and people living with a disability. Trauma Informed advocates are available on site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition to shelter, survivors in shelter are provided with comprehensive services to help achieve self-sufficiency, free from abuse including:
- Emotional Support and Crisis Intervention
- Basic Human Needs (Food, Clothing, Personal Hygiene Items, etc.)
- Case Management and Goal Planning
- Personal Advocacy including Housing Searches, Job and Resume Assistance, Help with Accessing Public Benefits, Linkage with Counseling and other services, etc.
- Empowerment Activities
- Personalized Safety Planning
- Support Groups
- Youth-Centered Activities
- Access to Transportation and Childcare (when able)
- Education on Breaking the Cycle of Abuse
- Information and Resources
- Other Supportive Services and More!