Safe Haven's Court Advocate offers survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking with a variety of services including accompaniment, support, help navigating the justice system, victim rights, and the court process. Court advocates are not able to provide legal advice. However, they can offer:
- Assistance with filing for a protection order
- Information on victims rights
- Assistance with applying for crime victims compensation
- Assistance with registering for VINElink victim notification system
- Accompaniment to court hearings
- Accompaniment to interviews with prosecutors and law enforcement
- Assistance with filing a police report
- Assistance with developing an individualized safety plan
- Assistance with accessing community resources
- Assistance with applying for legal aid programs
- Facilitation of communication with law enforcement, attorneys, prosecutors, and other legal staff.
All court advocacy services are free and confidential.