Safe Haven's Court Advocate offers survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking with accompaniment, support, information on navigating the justice system and victim rights, and answer questions about the court process. Court advocates are not able to provide legal advice, however, they can offer:
- Assistance with filing for a protection order
- Information on victims rights
- Assistance with applying for crime victims compensation
- Assistance with registering for VINElink victim notification system
- Accompaniment to court hearings
- Accompaniment to interviews with prosecutors and law enforcement
- Assistance with filing a police report
- Assistance with developing an individualized safety plan
- Assistance with accessing community resources
- Assistance with applying for legal aid programs
- Facilitation of communication with law enforcement, attorneys, prosecutors, and other legal staff.
All court advocacy services are free and confidential.